Once custody has been established, parents are generally free to travel out-of-state with their child during their custodial timeshare.  However, if a parent wants to move, or relocate, to a different state with a child, he or she must obtain permission.  Permission may be granted in the form of a written consent by the other parent or an order from the court that issued the most recent custody order.

Nevada courts use different standards when determining whether a parent may relocate out-of-state with a child.  The standard the court uses depends on the moving parent’s physical custody status.

At Greenberg & Nguyen, we have the knowledge to properly advise you on which standard applies in your case; and we can ensure that your rights are protected no matter what standard the court uses.



Request a Free Consultation